After a tough workout, there may be nothing more satisfying than a protein-packed shake — but if you're on the keto diet, you've likely noticed that many of these drinks are also loaded with sugar. So, what's a low-carb gal to do? Make this recipe, of course.
High in protein and low in carbs, this shake is every peanut-butter-and-chocolate-lover's dream. Finish it off with optional — but highly recommended — toppings like whipped cream, even more peanut butter, and keto-friendly chocolate chips. You can even tweak the recipe if you want to make it more friendly for weight loss or certain dietary restrictions.
The recipe serves two, and that's intentional — this shake is so delicious, you'll want to share it with a workout buddy, keto or not. As with any smoothie, the best part is how quickly it comes together. You'll need just five minutes and your blender, so grab the ingredients and let's start!
To reduce calories, remove or use half of the heavy cream.
To make it dairy-free, substitute heavy cream for coconut cream.
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 servings keto-friendly sweetener
- 2 servings protein powder
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, peanut butter, sugar-free chocolate chips
- Place the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer to a cup and add toppings (optional).
- Drinks, Shakes
- North American
- Total Time
- 5 minutes