We've got some major news for you: Fitbit just unveiled its best set of updates and new products yet. We know. We're freaking out, too. New models, new app updates, lots of gold and rose gold, and designer collaborations. It's all happening.
There's a TON of information, but we're going to give you the highlights (and lots of pictures to browse through!). Here's what you need to know.
New Fitbit Models: Charge 2 and Flex
Just when you thought the Charge and Flex couldn't get any better, Fitbit upped the ante. And if you're having trouble controlling your excitement over the thought of new Fitbits and Tory Burch collaborations, then don't worry, the Fitbit Charge 2 can actually help you with that.
New Charge 2 Features
- The new Guided Breathing Sessions feature can help you calm down — or cool down — in two- or five-minute sessions based on your heart rate. When you're using Guided Breathing, the Fitbit Charge 2 tells you when to inhale and exhale based on your current heart rate, guiding you to calmness in times of anxiety and stress or when you're cooling down after an intense workout.
- Keep track of where you are with a new feature that uses profile, heart rate, and exercise data to help determine your current fitness level.
- New, more sleek design with a larger face; rose gold metal tones; real-time exercise monitoring on the screen
- Improved automatic exercise tracking
New Flex Features
- Totally "swim-proof" (not technically waterproof, as it is "water resistant to up to 150 feet")
- Slimmer new design
- New jewelry-style accessories in silver and 22k gold or rose gold (including lariat necklaces!)
- Smarter, improved automatic exercise tracking
Gold Updates to Alta and Blaze
If silver's not your thing but you've been stuck with the only metal-tone option of the Alta or Blaze, then today is your lucky day. Swap that in for some gold, and maybe throw in a gold band if you're into that "all gold errythang" look. Because now you can.
Accessories from Public School, Vera Wang, and Tory Burch
Public School, Tory Burch, and Simply Vera Vera Wang have created accessories for the Alta and the Blaze. We've yet to see the Tory Burch collection, but the two former collaborations are pictured below in the slideshow. These designers will have product for the Alta and the new Flex.
App Update: Adventure Mode
Described as a "new series of personal, non-competitive activity Challenges that are designed to inspire you to move more and reach your health and fitness goals," the new Adventures function in the app intends to motivate those who aren't into the "friendly competition" Fitbit has offered for years. Step challenges aren't your thing? Try their new virtual experience. The app will bring you through "iconic landmarks and trails in Yosemite National Park" or let you virtually "participate in the TCS New York City Marathon." Is this the fitness version of Pokémon Go? Virtual reality meets walking?