Prepping healthy meals for the week is a long-standing Sunday-afternoon ritual in my apartment. The menu regularly changes (except for this spicy chicken chili I've been craving the last two weeks), but one staple remains: I cook up a big batch of quinoa. All week long, my roommate and I toss this much-loved pseudograin into homemade soups and simple salads to help bulk things up and make our groceries last longer, but we never thought quinoa could make its way into breakfast until this recipe.
A few healthy staples and a cup of cooked quinoa combine for this filling breakfast that tastes like a cross between chia pudding and overnight oats. The next time you have some leftover quinoa on your hands, mix up this protein-rich recipe to try it out for yourself.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass jar. Stir well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, remove from the fridge, top off with your favorite fruit, and enjoy.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 1 serving
- Calories per serving