- Raspberry Jam Layer
- 3 cups frozen and thawed raspberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray or rub with oil.
- Blend the raspberries and honey in a blender or food processor until pureed, scraping down sides as needed, about 1 minute. Stir in chia seeds and set aside.
- Blend 1 cup of the oats in a blender or food processor until ground down to flour, about 45 seconds.
- In a large bowl, stir the oat flour, remaining 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder together to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, bananas, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Gently stir in chopped peanuts.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Gently spread the raspberry jam over top. Pour the remaining half of the batter over the jam layer. Bake until firm, with a golden top, about 75 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing. Slice into 8 even pieces. Eat one bar for today's breakfast.
Protein: 14.4 g
Carbohydrate: 38 g
Dietary Fiber: 9.431 g
Total Sugars: 12.1 g
Total Fat: 19.6 g
Saturated Fat: 5.9 g
Sodium: 77.9 mg