If you're a fan of dessert for breakfast, we've got the perfect recipe for you. These breakfast cookies may look like a treat, but they're actually loaded with natural protein and healthy fats to start your day on the right foot. You may not think shredded zucchini, peanuts, and chocolate go together, but this slightly sweet cookie will make a believer out of you.
- 1/2 cup salted creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup organic mashed bananas
- 1 large organic egg
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup organic zucchini, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups organic rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x13-inch baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Add the first 5 ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mix in the shredded zucchini.
- Add the oats, almond meal, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or 1/3 cup measure to scoop out 4 cookies per baking sheet. Use your hands to press down the cookies to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy this hearty, protein-packed breakfast delight with a cup of coffee or tea!
- 14 cookies, 7 servings