If your garden (or farmers market) is overflowing with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and basil, it's salad-making time! Just add a few more key ingredients, and this fresh and flavorful recipe will be your new favorite Summer dish. And for only 250 calories, it offers 10 grams of protein and over five grams of fiber. Healthy and tasty!
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (about 30)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (I like to use the little balls)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, dry, and dice the cucumbers. Wash, dry, and halve the tomatoes. Dice the avocado.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado in a bowl. Add sliced basil and mozzarella. Pour on the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes, Salads
- North American
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- Calories per serving
Source: Calorie Count