- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long-grain brown rice
1 cup steamed cauliflower
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce, divided
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast — cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips or cubes
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 teaspoons chickpea flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons sliced scallions
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a medium saucepan, cook 1 1/4 cups brown rice according to package directions. Set aside 1 cup cooked brown rice for today's dinner and store the rest to be used on Days 11, 13, and 14.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari and 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate for 20 minutes, then discard excess marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet. Sauté chicken until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, remaining 2 teaspoons tamari, rice vinegar, chickpea flour, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pan and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth mixture to the pan and stir with a fork until it's slightly thickened. Add chicken back to the pan and toss to coat.
- Serve 1/3 of the chicken and sauce over steamed cauliflower and 1 cup brown rice. Refrigerate the remaining 2/3 of the chicken to use on Days 12 and 13. Top with sesame seeds and scallions.
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 56.7 grams
Dietary Fiber: 7.504 grams
Total Sugars: 4.764 grams
Total Fat: 14.6 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.385 grams
Sodium: 364.9 milligrams
- Main Dishes
- North American