Whether it's cupcakes, milkshakes, or ice cream, if — when faced with a choice between vanilla and chocolate — you never ever choose vanilla, then get out your food processor and tell your taste buds to get ready to be wowed. Creamy, chocolatey, and perfect for chilling out on a hot and humid Summer day, this ice cream requires no ice cream maker and saves you tons of calories because it's completely dairy-free.
Made with only two ingredients, each serving is just 167 calories — get a cup of soft chocolate ice cream at the local scoop shop, and you're looking at 382 calories! Plus, this vegan ice cream is cholesterol-free and offers 6.6 grams of fiber per serving. And we know that eating lots of filling fiber is one part of the weight-loss equation, so eating this dessert can actually help you slim down. You can't say that about real ice cream. Read on to learn just how easy it is to satisfy those ravenous chocolate ice cream cravings.
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Peel the bananas, slice them, and place in a freezer bag or glass container.
- Freeze for at least two hours.
- Place the frozen bananas and cocoa powder in a food processor, and blend until smooth, for several minutes. At first it'll look chunky, but as the bananas begin to melt a little, you'll see it form a supercreamy consistency.
- Scoop into a bowl, sprinkle with a few chocolate chips if you're feeling zany, and enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count
- Desserts, Ice cream
- North American
- 2 servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving