The classic frozen-grape snack gets a tasty boost in this quick and easy recipe. Dipped in vanilla Greek yogurt and coated with chia seeds, each 10-grape serving is only 52 calories. The chia seeds offer fiber and omega-3s, and the Greek yogurt gives these grapes a little protein punch.
Adorable, easy to make, and naturally sweet, keep these in your freezer for when ice cream cravings strike for a quick frozen treat you'll feel good indulging in. If you're not a fan of chia seeds, dip your grapes in chopped almonds or pecans, granola, or — for a real treat — mini chocolate chips.
- 80 grapes, washed and dried
5.3-ounce container vanilla Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Poke each grape with a toothpick, opposite the end with the hole that was attached to the stem.
- Open the container of yogurt, and stir until totally smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour the chia seeds into a cereal bowl.
- Place a medium-sized cutting board in the freezer, and line with a piece of parchment paper.
- Set up a little grape-making station on the counter next to your freezer. Dip the grape in the yogurt, then carefully twirl it in the chia seeds, and place it on the parchment paper with the toothpick pointing straight up. Freezing right away will prevent the yogurt from dripping down.
- Do all 80 grapes, and freeze for at least 90 minutes.
- Enjoy right out of the freezer.
Below is the nutritional info for a 10-grape serving.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 8 servings (80 pieces)
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving