The next time you have the urge to eat something savory, crispy, and crunchy, let these baked zucchini chips satisfy your deep-fried cravings. You won't believe these easy crisps weigh in under 100 calories. Make sure you keep friends close when you bake these up — you'll be tempted to eat the whole tray once they're out of the oven.
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchinis (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper.
- Dip each round into the parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides and pressing the coating on to stick. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. If necessary, press down on each zucchini coin with the back of a spoon to make the coating stick even more.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25-30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.
Source: Calorie Count
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 25 to 30 minutes
- Calories per serving