Lunging to the side is an excellent way to work your glute meds, the supportive glute muscles on the side of the pelvis.
- Holding the weight in your right hand, stand with your feet and knees together.
- Take a large step with your left foot to the left side, lunging toward the floor.
- Make sure your left knee does not extend past your toes, and keep your right leg relatively straight.
- Push off through your left foot, emphasizing the weight in the heel, to return to the start to complete one rep.
- Do three sets of 12 to 15 on each side.