Right before taking a rest, increase side-to-side spinal flexibility with this reclined twist:
- Lie on your back, bending the knees into the chest.
- Extend your arms out in cactus position with your elbows at right angles, palms facing up.
- Slowly lower both knees to the left. Rest them on the ground and turn your head to the right.
- Hold here for at least five breaths, feeling your spine lengthen and twist. You may even hear some "cracks."
- Use your abs to lift your knees back to center. Slowly lower both knees to the right, and look over your left shoulder.
- After five breaths, release, and head into your final pose.