Butt Exercises That Aren't Squats
Skip the Squats, and Do These 15 Booty-Sculpting Moves Instead
Standing Booty Kicks
A do-anywhere exercise, try standing booty kicks the next time you're brushing your teeth.
- Stand tall, and place your hands on your hips.
- Put all the weight in your left leg, keep both legs straight, and lift your right leg directly behind you. Let your glutes do all the work. Keep your right foot flexed, and work on lifting your heel as high as you can without leaning your torso too far forward. Engage your abs to help you stay balanced.
- Then lower your right leg so it's parallel with your left, but don't let it touch the ground. Then lift it back up behind you.
- Repeat this move 20 times at a moderate pace, and then lift your leg another 20 times so it's slightly out to the side to target your outer glutes.
- Then do the other leg, 20 times behind you and 20 times diagonally out to the side.