Squat Walks With Resistance Band
Squat walks are an excellent way to strengthen your IT band.
- Tie a resistance band around your ankles. Start with a lighter band (red/medium) and work your way up to a heavier band (green/advanced).
- Begin standing with feet directly underneath your hips, abs and glutes engaged, and hands on your hips.
- Squat halfway down and sidestep to the right as far as you can manage without splaying the knees inward. Bring the left leg toward the right with enough space to keep some resistance in the band. Concentrate on keeping your pelvis straight and sturdy and avoid rocking your body and pelvis as you walk.
- Step to the right 10 times, then reverse, stepping to the left 10 times. Repeat for three sets.
- Then complete squat walks, stepping forward 10 times (squat halfway down and step forward as far as you can while maintaining proper form), then reversing, stepping backward 10 times. Concentrate on keeping your feet at shoulder distance. Remember to remain steady as you walk, avoiding any major rocking motions with your body, especially the pelvis. Repeat for three sets.
Source: Megan Wolfe Photography