Straight-Arm Plank works the whole body — especially the legs, arms, and abs. Eoin loves this pose, since it forces the body to train itself to maintain alignment and keep joints safe.
- Start resting on all fours.
- With your palms flat, raise up off your knees onto your toes. Keep your hands directly below your shoulders.
- Contract your abs to keep yourself up and prevent your bottom from sticking up. Remember to keep your belly button pulled in.
- With your head and spine in line, keep your back flat — don't let it curve. Picture your body as a long, straight board.
- Hold for at least 10 seconds. Aim for 20 to 30 seconds in the beginning and work your way up to one minute as you get stronger.