Lying Hamstring Curl
The move may look relaxing, but it's anything but.
- Start by lying flat on your back with an exercise ball under your heels. Bridge your hips up with knees slightly bent, and hold that position through the entire exercise. A slight bend in the knee allows you to focus the work more in the glutes while also protecting the knee joints.
- Flex your feet, and dig your heels into the ball. Place your arms straight out to your side for support — don't use them, though; they are just for support.
- Slowly roll the ball toward your body as you curl your heels. Keep your hips in the bridge position; don't thrust them toward the ceiling as you do the move.
- Then slowly return to the start position to complete one rep.
- Do three sets of 10 reps.