What is it? A flexible disc inserted into your vagina that is tucked behind the pubic bone to hold it in place. It sits just below the cervix leaving the vaginal canal open. When removing, the disc tips sideways so all the fluid pours out. Pictured is a Nixit menstrual disc ($49) which lasts up to five years.
- Easy to insert and remove, once you have practice.
- Since a disc isn't inside the vaginal canal, it's very comfortable and you hardly feel it when inserted in the correct position.
- It can be worn up to 12 hours and holds four tampons worth of fluid.
- Can be worn during workouts, swimming, pooping, sleeping, and sex.
- Doesn't leak.
- Since the menstrual fluid pours out as you untuck it from behind your pubic bone, removal needs to happen over a toilet (with a sink nearby to rinse off the disc and your hands) or in the shower.