TBS show host Samantha Bee keeps serving up the viral videos. She recently talked about the drama over the news that abolitionist Harriet Tubman will be replacing Andrew Jackson on the front of the $20 bill. The most memorable moment might be when she pulls clips of Fox News host Brian Kilmeade getting upset over the decision, saying that Jackson had done so much for the founding of this nation and that he was a "key member of America."
Bee didn't hold back in correcting Kilmeade's version of US history.
"Hate to break it to you, Sparky. Jackson wasn't involved in the founding of our country, because the Revolutionary War happened before old hickory's pubes came in," said Bee. "He was not a Founding Father, he was a genocidal prick who forced the relocation of nonwhites and fomented populist rebellion. Kind of like a Trump with better hair."
As the segment continues, Bee bashes other men who've said Tubman was more deserving of a smaller bill, like the $2.
"You'd think updating currency to replace mega-haired genocide practitioner Andrew Jackson with slave liberator Harriet Tubman would be uncontroversial," reads the video's tagline. Check out the full segment and then see how people reacted to the $20 news on Twitter.
- Samantha Bee Is the Best Damn Part of This Election
- SNL's "God Is a Boob Man" Skit Makes Fun of Antigay Laws
- Here's What Happens When You Talk to College-Educated Trump Supporters
- Here Is Donald Trump Starring in Mean Girls, Because Life Is Great
- President Obama and Steph Curry Team Up For the Best Reason in This Funny Video