Colorfully bright and equally vibrant in flavor, this crostini will soon become your favorite go-to app. Featuring edamame, fresh mint, Romano cheese, and pears, these appetizers are packed with protein and zesty flavor. It's the perfect recipe to whip up after picking up a bag of this seasonal and sweet fruit.
The topping can be made ahead of time so it's a cinch to whip up before guests arrive. And since each piece is 67 calories, your guests will appreciate the healthy fare.
16-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped mint
1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 baguette, cut into 30 slices
1 Bartlett pear, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil the edamame in salted water for 10 minutes. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and place in ice water for a couple minutes to cool, then drain.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the whole edamame and place the remaining edamame in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed edamame with the whole edamame, three tablespoons olive oil, chopped mint, Romano cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Thinly slice the baguette into 30 slices and brush each piece lightly using one tablespoon olive oil. Bake for eight minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top each crostini with one tablespoon of the edamame mixture, garnish with chopped pears, and enjoy.
- Appetizers, Crostini
- 30 crostini
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving
Here's the nutritional info for one crostini:
Source: Calorie Count