This 30-Minute AMRAP Workout May "Feel Like an Eternity," but in a Good Way!
When you only have a half an hour to get in an awesome workout, try this six-move AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) workout. AFAA-certified personal trainer and fitness model Danielle Pascente, who you may recognize from POPSUGAR Fitness Instagram Live workouts, crafted this intense workout to target your entire body.
This is a mostly bodyweight workout, but you will need a sturdy bench, stool, or coffee table and one dumbbell. For the second move, the bench hop over, if you don't have a bench, just do it on the floor in a plank position. For the third exercise, the lunge hold with an overhead press, if you don't have a dumbbell, use a soup can or water bottle. This is a 30-minute workout, which may not seem super long, but Pascente said, "for an AMRAP [workout, it] genuinely feels like an eternity," but you'll feel so pumped and proud when you're done!
Danielle Pascente's 30-Minute AMRAP Workout
Equipment needed: a sturdy bench or coffee table and a medium-weight dumbbell.
Directions: Warm up with a few minutes of jumping jacks, brisk walking, or going up and down a flight of stairs 12 to 15 times. Set a timer for 30 minutes and complete as many rounds as possible of the six moves listed ahead with no rest between rounds — but of course, rest if you need to.
- Double squat walkout push-up: eight reps
- Bench hop over: 30 reps (one hop to the right counts as one rep, one hop to the left counts as one rep)
- Lunge hold with an overhead press: eight reps per side
- Burpee to alternating lateral plyo squat: 10 reps (each time you do a burpee and plyo squat in one direction counts as one rep)
- Roll-back explosive jump: eight reps (modification shown in video)
- Lateral walk to climber combo: eight reps (three lateral walks in one direction to four climbers counts as one rep)