This move may look like just an amazing stretch for the obliques (it is!), but quickly alternating between sides really targets the glutes, hamstrings, core, shoulders, and upper back too. What's better? This exercise feels more like a superfun '80s breakdancer trick than a strength-training move.
- Start sitting with your feet flat on the floor with your hands behind you, fingers pointing away.
- Push your pelvis up as you shift your weight into your left hand, circling your right hand across your body and ending with an overhead reach. Look down toward your left hand and feel an active stretch in your right side.
- Pull your abs in as you lower your pelvis to sit on the floor.
- Repeat on the other side to complete one rep.
- Repeat three sets of 10 reps.