Whenever I have a trip planned to Trader Joe's, one bag of its organic broccoli slaw from always makes its way into my cart. It all started when I mixed up a creamy coleslaw for a BBQ and realized I had left one bag behind. I cooked up this Hungry Girl recipe that tastes like garlicky, cheesy pasta, and I knew there had to be more this broccoli slaw could do. This veggie breakfast slaw is proof of this budget-friendly bag's versatility.
With over 300 percent of your recommended daily vitamin C, 27 percent of your recommended fiber, and over 14 grams of protein, this 347-calorie breakfast is a delicious way to boost your immunity and get veggies in at breakfast time. I added mushrooms and zucchini to the mix, but whatever vegetables you have hiding in your fridge will fit the bill. Those of us who are guilty of tossing unused produce week after week can call it the perfect clean-out-your-crisper recipe.
- Canola oil spray
- 2 cups broccoli slaw (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 5 mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot sauce or coconut aminos, optional
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with canola oil spray to medium-high heat. Add your broccoli slaw with 2 to 3 tablespoons of water, and cook until the water has evaporated (about 4 minutes).
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, and give it a good spray of canola oil. Crack your egg in the skillet, and cook until the whites are set.
- While your egg is cooking, add the zucchini, mushrooms, extra-virgin olive oil, and garlic powder to the large skillet, and cook with the broccoli slaw, stirring regularly, until your egg is finished.
- Transfer the broccoli slaw to a bowl, slide your egg on top, add a dash of hot sauce or coconut aminos (optional), and enjoy.
Source: Calorie Counter
- 1 serving
- Calories per serving