If sculpted abs are your thing, or perhaps you're just looking for a challenge, I've got the move for you: the hanging knee raise. I love doing this move because it feels like every single muscle in your body is working at once — because they are! You're going to feel this move throughout your core, especially in your lower abdominals. If you're ready for a challenge, continue reading to learn how to do the hanging knee raise.
Hanging Knee Raise
- Start by hanging on a pull-up bar with palms facing out, or use the ab straps and hang with your arms inside of them. Do use a box or bench if you need help reaching the bar.
- Pull your shoulder blades down your back to keep your shoulders away from your ears.
- Engage your abs as you simultaneously lift both knees up to your chest with control.
- Lower the legs down slowly and return to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Complete two sets of 10 reps.
- Avoid swinging during this move to ensure that you're really working your abs.
- If this move is too hard, you can do seated knee tucks or reverse crunches on the ground.
Product Credit: Koral