Paleo blogger and cookbook author Cassy Joy Garcia takes the Fourth of July very seriously — she's a Texan, after all!
She created these festive chia puddings as a tasty party treat for holiday celebrations. The sweet summertime berries are perfectly on theme, and the pudding is cool and refreshing for a hot afternoon outside.
"If you like tapioca pudding, I think you'll like chia seed pudding," said Cassy. "These would make a great dessert for a big family gathering or BBQ! Just pour them into clear plastic cups the day before the party and your dessert is done — no more thinking about it."
- 2 cans (13.5 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup black chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 8 large strawberries, destemmed and sliced thin
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the coconut milk with the chia seeds and vanilla extract. Once incorporated, pour an even amount into eight cups.
- Let the cups set for at least four hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Garnish the puddings with the blueberries, a sliced strawberry, and a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Desserts, Puddings/Mousse
- North American
- 8 to 10 servings