Driving home form work, it's pitch black (thanks to Daylight Saving!), you're exhausted from a long day, and all you want is to sit down to a relaxing, hot meal. Consider your wish granted! It takes just 10 minutes of prep in the morning — throw all the ingredients in your slow cooker and dinner will be ready and waiting.
This twist on the always-loved butternut squash soup recipe includes sweet potatoes and carrots for extra fiber and vitamin A, as well as white cannellini beans not only to boost protein but also to add creaminess without a drop of dairy. You can enjoy this soup as is when you arrive home, or puree it with an immersion blender for a few minutes for an even smoother texture.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, and secure the lid.
- Turn it on low, and leave for 6 hours (or on high for 3 hours).
- Use an immersion blender to make a smoother texture and enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes, Soup
- North American
- 6 servings
- Total Time
- 6 hours, 30 minutes
- Calories per serving