It's hard to choose the best peloton classes because there are so many grade-A sweat sessions. When I was introduced to the Peloton app back in the spring of 2019, I fell head over heels. The range of classes — bike, treadmill, HIIT, strength, dance, yoga, meditation, barre, etc. — and the upbeat, always-inspiring, powerhouse trainers leading every video won me over.
I'm not the only POPSUGAR editor — or employee for our current parent company, Group Nine — who feels this way about Peloton workouts. People on our staff have their tried and true classes they go back to again and again. Keep reading for a list of our favorites.
Some of the Best Peloton Classes (in No Particular Order)
Best Peloton Rides
- 30-Minute The Jess King Experience Ride on Nov. 4, 2021: POPSUGAR Fashion Editor Sarah Wasilak suggests King's rides in her Jess King Experience series, and Geoff Schiller, Group Nine's chief revenue officer, recommends the high-energy Jess King Experience as well.
- Kendall Toole's 30-Minute World Mental Health Day Ride on Oct. 9, 2021: Bree Donnelly, a project manager, suggests any of Toole's mental health rides because "she always makes me feel empowered."
- Hannah Frankson's 30-Minute Turn It Up: Carnival Special on Aug. 27, 2021: Jada Gomez, POPSUGAR Executive Editor, Entertainment and Style, says of Frankson, "She is my sister in my head. With her help and motivation, I lost over 20 pounds and got my asthma in check this year."
- Leanne Hainsby's 30-Minute Spice Girls Ride on July 13, 2021: Both Donnelly and Sophia Panych, Content Director, POPSUGAR UK, wanted to highlight Hainsby's Spice Girls ride. Donnelly says the music is so fun that you don't feel like you're working out — "you just wanted to dance the whole time!"
- Christine D'Ercole's 20-Minute Low-Impact Ride on Jan. 14, 2021: Chris Skae, Group Nine's Director of Design, Product, likes low-impact rides from D'Ercole the most because they're beneficial for his mental state and physical health.
- Robin Arzón's 30-Minute HIIT Ride on Sept. 25, 2020: Former POPSUGAR Fitness Senior Editor Christina Stiehl named this ride from Arzón as one of her favorites. "If you want to challenge yourself and really break a sweat, try this 30-minute HIIT ride," she said. "It's filled with bursts of hard work followed by rest periods. Luckily the music is so much fun that riding to the beat will make it suck just a little less."
- Robin Arzón's 30-Minute '90s Ride on Aug. 28, 2020: Stiehl loves the positive energy that Arzón brings to her rides. "This ride is just 30 minutes so it makes me feel accomplished, and the playlist is filled with an eclectic mix of throwback jams from the '90s!" Stiehl said. "I had so much fun singing and dancing to the music that the time flew by."
- 45-Minute All For One Ride on July 4, 2019: This class includes a number of different instructors and is one of Senior Vice President, Branded Content at Group Nine, Rebecca Gruber's favorite rides. "I've taken it several times and PR each time I take it. The mix of instructors is energizing and puts me in such a great mood!" she says.
- Jenn Sherman's 60-Minute Epic Sing-Along Rides: Sherman has hour-long rides that are labeled as sing-alongs on the app. "The playlists have me singing at the top of my lungs and my kids making fun of me endlessly," Gruber says.
Best Peloton Yoga, Peloton Pilates, and Peloton Barre Classes
- Hannah Corbin's 10-Minute Pilates on Dec. 16, 2020: I've done this class a bunch of times when I want a quick glute-activating session, or I'll do it while wearing ankle weights for a nice finisher at the end of a longer workout. It's entirely on the floor!
- Kristin McGee's 30-Minute Keith Urban Yoga Flow on Sept. 27, 2020: Wasilak says she's not a country fan but thought this was a great class "where I could feel myself making progress with yoga."
- Ally Love's 30-Minute Barre on Sept. 21, 2020: Wasilak also calls Love's barre classes "amazing." She notes, "They're hidden in the strength section for those who may be unfamiliar. If you like Ally on the bike, you'll appreciate this more laid-back side of her."
Best Peloton Treadmill Sessions
- Jess Sims's 20-Minute Hike on June 26, 2019: One thing that made me stick with Peloton in the beginning was the fact that its trainers led walking workouts that brought the heat and challenged me through and through. I love the power-walking and hiking classes on the treadmill, and this hike from Sims is an example of how to break a sweat on an incline. I also am a huge fan of her choice in music.
- Any of Jess Sims's Saturday 60 Treadmill Classes: POPSUGAR Executive Style Director Dana Avidan Cohn recommends Sims's Saturday 60 classes on the treadmill, which are (you guessed it!) an hour long. There are running sessions as well as bootcamp sessions (a mixture of running and weights). Avidan Cohn's favorite is the 60-minute 2010s bootcamp because of the songs.
Best Peloton Strength Classes
- Robin Arzón's 10-Minute J Lo Core Strength on Sept. 29, 2020: POPSUGAR contributor Victoria Moorhouse names Arzón as one of her favorite Peloton instructors, and Moorhouse especially loves the 10-minute core sessions. "It's so easy to commit to 10 minutes of exercise, and I've learned so many new and interesting core moves that don't include your standard, and often really boring, crunch," she says.
- Rebecca Kennedy's 30-Minute J Balvin Full-Body Strength on Sept. 16, 2020: Rebecca Kennedy is just the trainer for you if you're looking to challenge yourself and learn new moves. This 30-minute strength class set to J Balvin songs is fun, features a slew of squats, and even has a dance section! I can't dance, but I still enjoyed myself (especially since I was in the privacy of my own home).
- Any of Jess Sims's Flash 15 Classes: These EMOM (every minute on the minute) workouts are short but pack a cardio and strength-training punch. They're meant to be standalone sessions, so I usually do them when I'm short on time or just not in the mood to work out for longer than 15 minutes.
Best Peloton Bootcamps
- Cody Rigsby's 30-Minute Bike Bootcamp: Lower Body on May 7, 2021: The rock/alternative playlist for this lower-body focused bootcamp isn't really Rigsby's vibe — he admitted that — but he brought the angst and energy to motivate me through glute bridges, split squats, and deadlifts nonetheless.
- Jess Sims's 30-Minute EDM Bike Bootcamp on April 26, 2021: This bootcamp includes a full-body EMOM session set to great music I particularly love.
- Jess Sims's 60-Minute Bike Bootcamp: Bodyweight on Oct. 6, 2020: Gruber is a fan of bike bootcamps. She names this class as "not only one of the hardest classes I've ever taken," but "one of the most rewarding. I felt like I really achieved something when I finished it."
No matter what level you identify as in your fitness journey, you're a kickass athlete, and Peloton reminds you of that. Start with the classes we've recommended here, and find what works for you. We sure did!