We don't blame you if you're starting to get antsy while staying at home to flatten the curve of the coronavirus — we know being cooped up, no matter what situation, might feel somewhat restraining or, maybe, boring. Here are some things to do at home to curb your boredom and promote productivity, but if you're looking for another outlet to channel your frustrations or pent-up energy, boxing classes seem like just the thing. Punch things? Sweat away my stress? Sounds good to me.
A number of fitness companies are offering free at-home boxing workouts during this time. Whether they're streaming classes live on social media (note: Instagram Lives last for 24 hours) or posting videos on their websites (or both!), they're giving you an easy way to get your jab and uppercut on. Ahead is a handful of companies that apply:
- Rumble: You can stream daily Rumble-themed workouts on Instagram Live, no equipment necessary! Many of the classes feature a combination of boxing and bodyweight exercises.
- 9Round: Kickboxing workouts are available to all active 9Round members through the online member portal.
- Box + Flow: Boxing plus yoga workouts are being streamed up to two times per day throughout the week on the Box + Flow Instagram Live.
- Prevail Boxing: Stream boxing classes on the Prevail Boxing YouTube channel.
- Box Union: Access multiple classes per week on Box Union's Instagram Live. Aside from the shadowboxing sessions, the brand is offering two new classes: BoxUnion HIIT and BoxUnion Abs, Butt, Core.
- Work Train Fight: Work Train Fight has free workouts on its website, YouTube page, and Instagram Live. Plus, you can send Work Train Fight a video of you shadowboxing, and trainers will reply with feedback.
Looking for more? Check out free sweat sessions to try from notable brands such as Peloton, Barry's Bootcamp, and Orangetheory. Keeping a routine and exercising are both expert-approved ways to cope with the stress you may be feeling right now. So get to it if you're up for it!