Lateral Arm Raise
- Stand with your feet hip-width distance apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand so your palms face in toward the sides of your body.
- Start with the right side first, and keep your arm straight (but don't lock that elbow). As you inhale, raise your right arm up toward the ceiling until it's parallel to the floor. You want your palm to be facing down.
- As you exhale, slowly lower your hand back to your body. You should be able to see your hand in your peripheral vision; your arm isn't directly out to the side but slightly forward.
- Do the same move with your left arm.
- Then, raise both your right and left arms at the same time.
- Continue alternating between right, left, and both arms, keeping your core tight.