Lateral Band Walks
For a shapely backside, you actually need to tone the glutes on the sides of your pelvis too. These lateral walks strengthen those very muscles: the glute meds. Plus, strong glute meds help stabilize the pelvis, making this exercise great for runners.
- Place a resistance band just below your knees.
- Begin standing with feet directly underneath your hips, and squat about halfway down.
- Take a step sideways to the right as far as you can. To fully activate the muscle, be sure to step onto your heel, rather than your toes.
- Actively resist the pull of the exercise band as you bring your left leg slowly toward your right, returning to the starting position.
- Step to the right 20-30 times, then reverse directions stepping to the left 20-30 times; you really want to feel the muscle burn. Repeat for three sets.