Seated Calf Stretch
Try this simple stretch for your calves that uses a towel or band for extra resistance.
- Sit comfortably on the floor. If the backs of your legs are really tight, and you find yourself slumping, then sit on a pillow, so you can keep your spine straight.
- Fold your right leg in, and reach your left leg long.
- Wrap a yoga strap or Thera-Band (or an old tie or belt from your bathrobe) around the ball of your left foot.
- Use the strap to pull your toes toward your head.
- Do not jam your knee into the floor, and keep your left heel on the ground.
- Hold for 20 to 30 seconds, and then repeat on the other side.