You'll feel the thigh burn in this yoga-inspired Fierce Pose exercise.
- Stand with your legs together, and soften your knees. Reach your arms overhead, and touch your palms together as you fold your chest down toward your knees.
- Hold this position as you drop your tailbone down in a small pulsing motion 10 to 15 times.
- Keep your legs squeezed together for support.
- Then cross your left elbow over your right thigh, and hold here for five to 10 seconds. Rise up back to center, and repeat on the left side.
For a more advanced version, try the relevé:
- While staying in Fierce Pose, lift your heels off of the ground and keep your tailbone down.
- Pulse your seat toward your calves 10 to 15 times, and hold the last pulse for five seconds to finish.
- When you end in Chair position, make sure your back stays flat, and think about framing your ears with your arms to keep them lifted for a beautiful finish.