This exercise is great for working the upper back and opening the chest. Plus it strengthens and tones all the muscles around the shoulder blades to sculpt a seriously sexy upper back.
- With a pair of dumbbells and your feet hip-width distance apart, bend at the waist. Keep your back parallel to the floor with a neutral spine — not rounded.
- With a slight bend in your knees, hold your arms and the dumbbells extended out in front of you.
- Engage your abs and squeeze your shoulder blades together as you bring the weights to your torso. Be sure to keep your elbows in and pointed upward.
- Slowly lower the weights back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- Do two to three sets of 12 reps.