Why You Should Work Your Back and Shoulders
Have You Been Neglecting Your Back? Don't!
This exercise is great for working the upper back and opening the chest. Plus it strengthens and tones all the muscles around the shoulder blades to sculpt a seriously sexy upper back.
- With a pair of dumbbells and your feet hip-width distance apart, bend at the waist. Keep your back parallel to the floor with a neutral spine — not rounded.
- With a slight bend in your knees, hold your arms and the dumbbells extended out in front of you.
- Engage your abs and squeeze your shoulder blades together as you bring the weights to your torso. Be sure to keep your elbows in and pointed upward.
- Slowly lower the weights back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- Do two to three sets of 12 reps.