TRX Pistol Squat
Unilateral exercises like the pistol squat will help you improve your strength and stability, and you'll really feel your butt muscles working.
- Start facing the anchor point with the straps at mid-length and your hands on the handles.
- Step back so that there's no slack on the suspension trainer.
- With your feet about hips-width apart, lift your right leg off the ground.
- With your arms fully extended and tension on the suspension trainer, lower down into a squat. Be sure to keep your weight shifted back on your heels while maintaining a neutral spine. Your arms should be extended throughout the entire movement.
- Drive your left heel through the ground as you come into a standing position. There should be a slight bend at your left knee. Be sure not to pull yourself up with your arms. Instead, push yourself up with your leg. This completes one rep.