OK, so now for the final details and finished look. Note: my hair will be a bit more polished on race day — this is definitely a trial run!
- Choker: a stretch velvet piece I found on Etsy for around $5.
- Earrings: big pearls I've had forever from Baublebar. I feel like any big faux or real pearl earring would be perfect for this!
- Headband: DIY. You can grab any light blue sport headband, and add a little sparkle! Will I also add a tiara? Who can say. The Walt Disney World race expos are always full of little treasures.
- Tutu: Another Amazon find for under $20. There are tons on there! This one I'm wearing has an adjustable waist with a drawstring.
Hair and Makeup
- Hair: I used a bun-maker to add lots of oomph. There are tons of types of these, but I went for that little spongey donut (around $2). The key here is lots and lots of bobby pins and a bit of hairspray.
- Makeup: I know, I know — makeup at a race?! Yes! My go-to is always tinted SPF (because you need sun protection anyway, so you may as well make it work for you), mascara, and magnetic lashes (the One Two cosmetic ones actually stay on during exercise), a little brow gel, tinted lip balm, and for special occasions like this one, a bit of liquid highlighter on cheek- and brow bones.
Et voila! I'll be back here soon to update you on how it went during the race.