Put Them Together: How to Do a Bulgarian Romanian Deadlift
- Grab a pair of 10-pound dumbbells (or the dumbbells of your choosing). Begin by placing the toes of your left foot on a bench, box, stair, or chair, with your right leg straight.
- Step your right foot out so that when you lunge, you create a 90-degree angle with your right leg. Your right knee shouldn't go past your right ankle.
- Bend your right knee, squeeze your left glute, and lower your left knee toward the ground.
- Press your right heel into the ground to straighten your right knee and return to a standing position.
- Then, keep your back foot elevated and back flat as you bend at your hips, lowering the dumbbells toward the ground into a deadlift.
- Keep your back flat as you return to the starting position. One split squat and one deadlift complete a rep. Be sure to do the same number of reps on your left side.