Hollow Body Rock
- Begin on your back with your legs straight and your arms extended overhead.
- Actively press your lower back into the floor, and draw your belly button into your spine.
- Inhale to slowly lift your shoulders, arms, and legs off the floor. Keep your hands and heels as low to the ground as possible, while still pressing your lower back into the floor. Maintain tight abs and glutes.
- Use your core to propel yourself into a forward rock so your arms and chest are positioned higher than your legs and feet; then, rock back down, keeping your belly button pulled into your spine and your arms extended.
- You should be maintaining the hollow position through the entire rock. You can modify these by keeping your arms at your thighs.
- One complete back-and-forth motion equals one rep.
- Carey recommends doing 25 to 30 reps.