No Need to Stand! This Arms and Abs Dumbbell Workout Is All on the Floor
While we are fans of full-body workouts, sometimes you just don't want to stand and lift. We get it. We've created a simple arms and abs workout that can be done on the floor for those days when being upright is just too, too much. And all you need is set of dumbbells, between five and 10 pounds, and a comfy space on the floor.
No-Standing Arm Workout
Equipment needed: medium-weight dumbbells
Directions: Warm up with shoulder circles, seated scarecrow, and a 30-second plank. Then perform this six-exercise circuit three times, resting for one minute between circuits. Cool down with a spinal twist and a hip-flexor stretch.
- Single-arm chest press: 10 reps, each arm
- Skull crusher: 12 reps
- Overhead reach with leg lower: 10 reps, each side (alternating legs)
- Dumbbell crossover punch: 12 reps, alternating sides
- V-sit with single arm fly: 10 reps, each arm (alternating sides)
- Double crunch pulse with weight: 20 reps
Keep reading for a detailed explanation of each move.