We love them for their superfood qualities, but did you know that you can eat chia seeds for weight loss help? From keeping you fuller for longer to helping you de-stress, there are several ways in which chia seeds contribute to a healthier you. Take a look at these benefits of chia seeds, and start adding them into your own weight-loss program.
- High in protein. More protein makes you feel fuller longer, so you'll have less desire to snack in excess or overeat. More protein also contributes to lean muscle mass, which will help with your exercise regimen, too.
- Lots of fiber. You probably know by now that fiber aids in digestion; this means you'll be less bloated thanks to your body being more regular.
- Low carb. Each ounce of chia seeds only has 12 grams of carbohydrates, meaning your body will have less fat stored per serving consumed.
- Major de-stressor. Chia seeds are great for your mood. The seeds are high in serotonin-releasing tryptophan and magnesium, as well as depression-fighting omega 3s. Less stress = less cortisol. Cortisol causes fat to cling to your belly, so you definitely want lower levels.
- High in healthy fats. Good fats can burn body fat. They're also pivotal in creating a sense of satiety (making you feel full), just like protein, so you're less inclined to overeat and more likely to feel satisfied with your food.