You're craving ice cream, but after a cardio-sweating, kale-smoothie-drinking, salad-eating, walking-to-work-instead-of-driving kind of day, you don't want to undo all your good work by downing half a pint of Ben & Jerry's (even though it's exactly what you crave!). You need something sweet that tastes like ice cream but is healthy. Grab a banana and make these frozen nibblers.
All you need are four ingredients — a banana, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and a little maple syrup. That's it! It takes less than five minutes to make, and after a couple hours in freezerland, you can indulge in this frozen treat that totally tastes like ice cream. It's so much better for you and only 150 calories per three-piece serving.
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Slice the banana into 12 slices and place them on a small plate lined with tin foil.
- Mix the peanut butter with the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Smear six of the banana slices with the chocolate peanut butter mixture.
- Top each with the remaining six banana slices.
- Freeze for at least two hours.
- Take out of the freezer, allow to thaw for five minutes, and enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 2 servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving