Not a morning person? Make this amazing overnight oats recipe before slipping under the covers, and the thought of the sweet and chewy coconut oatmeal, crunchy almonds, and chocolate chips will practically pull you out of bed.
It's the perfect breakfast if you're watching your weight because it follows this nutritionist-designed formula. Made with a mixture of high-fiber rolled oats and chia seeds, this delectable dessert-like breakfast offers almost 13 grams of protein and 8.1 grams of fiber, all for under 350 calories and for just 12 grams of sugar.
Everything about this breakfast is awesome. And the fact that it tastes like an Almond Joy means you'll satisfy your sweet tooth while getting a healthy, filling breakfast.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli Semisweet Chips)
- Add the ingredients in the order listed to a small mason jar.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, mix it all together and enjoy cold or warmed up in the microwave.
Source: Calorie Count
- Breakfast/Brunch, Granola
- North American
- 1 serving
- Calories per serving