If you struggle to get enough fiber or protein into your day, this healthy hack was made just for you. Beans are an excellent source of both, which is why eating them can help you lose weight. It's also an incredibly easy way to use up an entire can at once.
Puree a can of beans, freeze the puree, and use these magical frozen bean cubes in anything you can think of. Add one to your bowl of oatmeal, throw a few in the blender when whipping up your kale smoothie, or mix them into pasta sauce, soups, or cooked whole grains. One cube is 26 calories, and offers 1.3 grams of fiber and 1.6 grams of protein, but won't affect the taste of the dish.
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup water
- Rinse and drain the can of beans.
- Puree in a food processor with the water.
- Divide among the 12 wells of an ice cube tray.
- Freeze for at least four hours.
- Pop out frozen bean cubes into a freezer bag and store in the freezer. Use them as needed.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- 12 servings
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Calories per serving
- 26 per cube