A dried-mango habit is no laughing matter to your wallet. A small container can run you almost $5 — not at all a budget-friendly snack. Aside from the high price, some dried mango is made with added sugar or preservatives. Save on money, calories, and chemicals by making your own homemade chewy treat. It's the perfect weekend activity!
- 2 ripe mangoes
- Preheat oven to 185ºF or as low as your oven will go. Place a Silpat silicone mat on a baking sheet.
- Wash both mangoes, and use a peeler to remove the skin.
- Cut into thin slices, and place them on the Silpat.
- Put the mango in the oven, and bake for two to three hours, flipping them over every 30 minutes or until they're dry. Avoid cooking too long or you'll end up with mango chips!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. Since this snack is preservative-free, enjoy them within a few days.
Here's the nutritional info for 1/4 of the batch (6 to 8 pieces, depending on the size).
- Other, Snacks
- North American
- 4 servings of 6 to 8 pieces each
- Total Time
- 2 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving