Legs Up the Wall
Not only will this pose instill a sense of calmness, but it'll also give you a slight release in your lower back and a stretch for your hamstrings. You'll need an uncluttered space at a wall and a bolster, blanket, or pillow.
- Place a folded bolster, blanket, or pillow against a wall.
- Sit down as close as you can to the wall, next to the blanket. Lie down on your back, place your feet on the wall with your knees bent, and scoot your body over so that your bottom and lower back are on the blanket.
- Adjust your body so that your bum is touching the wall, and then place your feet straight up, resting your heels on the wall. You can keep your arms by your sides, or rest your palms underneath your head.
- Close you eyes and allow your entire body to relax, feeling gravity pulling you down as the wall and blanket support you.
- Hold like this for several minutes or longer.