- Stand at the back edge of your mat and reach your arms overhead, lengthening your spine.
- Keeping your back straight, bend forward, hinging at your hips to bring your hands to the mat. If your hamstrings are tight, bend your knees a bit to take tension off the muscles.
- Walk your hands forward, moving into a plank, and hold each step to stretch your calves a bit.
- Hold the plank for a few seconds to really wake up your core before walking your hands back toward your feet, returning to the deep forward bend.
- Slowly roll up to standing, letting your head hang and keeping your neck relaxed. When your return to standing, reach your arms toward the ceiling to complete one rep.