Seated Leg Lifts
Even if you are sitting on a bus bench, you can tone your quads. Try seated leg lifts! They are simple and look easy to do, but don't let the simplicity fool you. According to Chadwell: "The sheer weight of your legs will surprise you."
How to Do Seated Leg Lifts:
- Sit toward the edge of the bench or chair.
- Place your hands flat on the bench or chair right by your glutes to brace yourself.
- Keeping your left foot planted on the ground, lift your right leg straight up. Your toes should be pointed straight up and your leg should be locked at the knee.
- Lower your foot back toward the ground. Before your heel touches the ground, lift your leg again for the second repetition.
- Do 12-15 repetitions on your right leg, then switch to the left. That makes one set.
- Complete 2-3 sets.