Instead of doing double-leg lifts, Leah recommended a single-leg lift. Here's how to do it:
- Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent.
- Fully extend your right leg and place your right hand on your abs.
- Take a breath to relax your abdominal muscles.
- Exhale as you flatten your abdomen into your spine and lift your right leg straight up. This movement should come from your abs, so be sure to recruit your ab muscles before you lift your leg.
- Inhale, and lower your leg to the ground.
- This completes one rep.
- Complete slow and controlled reps with your right leg extended for one minute. Then, repeat the same movement with your right knee bent as you lift your left leg.
- Complete three rounds total.