Waist Anchor in Twist
Instead of doing a bicycle crunch, Leah said to do the waist anchor in twist.
- Begin lying on your back with both of your knees bent and a light weight — 2.5 to five pounds — by your right hand.
- Lower both knees to your left side while keeping your shoulders square to the ceiling. Your right shoulder should not lift up off the ground.
- Grab the weight with your right hand and extend your right arm toward the ceiling.
- Take a full breath, letting your stomach rise as you lower the weight toward your head. Your arm should be fully extended.
- Exhale, and draw your belly button flat toward your spine as you lift the weight up and over your body, returning to the starting position.
- This counts as one rep.
- Complete slow and controlled reps with the weight in your right hand for one minute. Then, bring your knees to the right side of your body and move the weight to your left hand and repeat for one minute.
- Complete three rounds total.