Warmup Exercise 1: Perfect Stretch
- Begin on your hands and knees with your shoulders directly over your wrists and hips over your knees.
- Step your right foot forward between your hands, making sure to keep your knee in line with your ankle. Your left leg should be comfortably extended behind you, knee on the ground and slightly bent. This is your starting position.
- Move your right hand to the inside of your right leg, bending it at the elbow. Drive your elbow down toward your right heel to increase the stretch in your hips.
- Extend your right arm up and twist your torso to the right, opening your chest to the side. Initiate the movement from your core, keeping your hips still and facing down.
- Set your right hand down outside your right foot so that you're framing your foot with both hands, as in the starting position.
- Flex your right (front) foot to lift your toes off the ground, keeping your heel grounded. Straighten your right leg as you slide your hips back to stretch your hamstring.
- Slide your hips forward to return to the starting position.
- This counts as one rep. Repeat for 10 reps on both sides.