"Ready to smash your glutes?" asked VFA-certified and Sweat app trainer Stephanie Sanzo when she shared this strengthening workout on Instagram; all you need is one dumbbell and a mini band to do it. These moves will target your glutes, quads, and hamstrings, and they're intense! Expect a whole lot of sore buns tomorrow!
Glute Workout From Stephanie Sanzo
Equipment needed: one dumbbell, mini resistance band, and a bench, chair, or couch.
Directions: Before beginning the workout, be sure to do a five-minute warmup. For this workout, complete the appropriate number of sets based on your fitness level: beginner complete three sets, intermediate complete four sets, and advanced complete five sets.
This workout includes three sets of supersets. A superset is two exercises performed without rest in between. So, if you're a beginner, you'd complete a set of Bulgarian split squats then a set of banded hip abductions without any rest in between. Repeat superset one three times, rest, and then move on to superset two. Rest for 30 to 60 seconds after each superset. After the workout, do a five-minute cooldown.
- Superset 1, Exercise 1: Bulgarian split squat: 10 reps per side
- Superset 1, Exercise 2: Banded hip abduction: 20 reps
- Superset 2, Exercise 1: Banded paused goblet squat: 10 reps
- Superset 2, Exercise 2: Banded hip thrust: 20 reps
- Superset 3, Exercise 1: Goblet step-up: 10 reps per side
- Superset 3, Exercise 2: Banded glute kickback: 20 reps per side