Combine cardio with core work to reap the flat-belly benefits of both types of sweat sessions. This workout alternates between jumping rope and standing ab moves, so you can tone your belly while burning serious calories in just 20 minutes. We use one eight-pound dumbbell in this workout to increase the toning potential of each exercise. No weights? No problem. This workout will still be effective without them.
Learn the details of the strength-training moves below, then print this workout, and start jumping!
Low to High Woodchop
- Squat and twist to hold the dumbbell on the outside of your left leg.
- Exhale and lift the weight diagonally across your body, ending twisted to the right with the dumbbell above your head. Pivot on your left foot as needed.
Weighted Side Bend
- Hold the dumbbell above your head, squeezing your ears with your upper arms to activate your core.
- Pull your abs to your spine and lengthen your spine as you bend slowly to the right. Return to standing upright, and then slowly to the left. Keep your pelvis still as you bend to the side.
- Exhale to engage the abs as you kick your right leg up, bringing your left hand to your right toes, doing a small crunch.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Start in a shallow squat, holding the weight in your right hand.
- Pull your elbow back, squeezing your right shoulder blade toward your spine while you twist to the right. Do for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips with your knees soft. Hold the dumbbell overhead with both hands.
- Keeping your abs pulled to the spine, circle the weight around your head starting to the left. Your ribs can move slightly, but your pelvis should stay still. After 30 seconds, reverse direction and circle to the right.
Check out our Bikini Body Countdown calendar for more workouts. You are sure to find one that suits your needs.